- $500.00 enrollment deposit is required
for all courses unless guaranteed by a government agency. $150.00 of the deposit is NOT refundable if
the student cancels. See below for the
KSST cancellation and refund policy.
- Most classes are booked a minimum of 2-months in
- If using Voc Rehab, G.I. Bill or other funding
source, funding must be approved in writing prior to the start of the
- Tetanus shots need to be up-to-date IAW your
- Kindred Spirits School of Taxidermy is
accredited by The State of Iowa Department of Education. We hold a commercial performance bond in the
amount of $50,000 through the Merchants Bonding Company, Bond #IA593956.
- KSST is approved to accept students
under the Vocational Rehabilitation Programs for the states of Arizona, Missouri,
Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan, Kansas, Nebraska, Illinois and Iowa. We can also accept VETERANS using the Voc
Rehab Program. Students applying under
these programs receive equipment and supplies, specimens, materials and
supplies and tools to mount them.
Everything to get started.
- KSST is approved to offer all training
programs under the V.A. post 911 G.I. Bill.
Contact us for more information.
- Treat others as you would want to be
treated. A little respect and courtesy
goes a long way.
- Clean-up after yourself and tidy up
your work space daily.
- Respect other students, tools and taxidermy.
- Respect school property and tools. Report any damaged equipment or missing parts.
- No alcohol, tobacco, firearms or drugs in the
school at any time.
- No smoking in the buildings. Designated smoking areas are outside.
- Fowl language and attitudes have no
place in a professional business setting.
- Students must communicate with the instructor if class is to be missed PRIOR to the start of that days class.
- Use of safety equipment is not
negotiable. Hazardous/flammable materials must be handled IAW school and product safety instructions.
- All specimens must be legally taken and
properly tagged IAW Federal & local laws.
- Failure to follow the school's code of conduct may result in possible termination for misconduct without refund.
We understand that life events occur
without notification. If a conflict arises, please communicate to us as
soon as possible your intent. Instead of cancelling a class we encourage
you to consider rescheduling.
- We require a two week written notification of
- If a class is cancelled by the school prior to the
start, enrolled students will receive a full refund.
- The school is not responsible for
any loss the student incurs due to the cancellation of the class.
- The school is NOT required to refund any tuition once
75% of the class is completed.
- Money will be
refunded to the person or agency from which it came as required by law.
- All refunds will be paid within 30-days of
- Veterans receiving government funding will be handled
IAW Federal Title 38 guidelines.
- Prices quoted for tuition and materials are good for
30-days. Prices are subject to change without notice.