- $500.00 enrollment deposit is required
for all courses unless guaranteed by a government agency. $150.00 of the deposit is NOT refundable if
the student cancels. See below for the
KSST cancellation and refund policy.
- This school is not accredited but is licensed by the Iowa State Department of Education, hours earned in our program do not transfer to accredited schools and may not quality students for employment.
- If using Voc Rehab, or other funding
source, funding must be approved in writing prior to the start of the
- Tetanus shots need to be up-to-date IAW your
- Kindred Spirits School of Taxidermy is
accredited by The State of Iowa Department of Education. We hold a commercial performance bond in the
amount of $50,000 through the Merchants Bonding Company, Bond #IA593956.
- KSST is approved to accept students
under the Vocational Rehabilitation Programs for the states of Arizona, Missouri,
Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan, Kansas, Nebraska, Illinois and Iowa. We can also accept VETERANS using the Voc
Rehab Program, Chapter 31.
- Substance Abuse Policy. The school will provide information about the policy to all students and staff, including any sanctions for violation of the policy and any substance abuse prevention programs for students and staff. No alcohol, tobacco, firearms or drugs in the school at any time. Designated smoking areas are outside.
- Sexual Abuse Policy, The school will provide information about the policy to all students and staff, including counseling, campus security, education, and facilitating accurate and prompt reporting of any type of sexual abuse.
- Respect school property and tools. Report any damaged equipment or missing parts.
- Foul language and attitudes have no
place in a professional business setting.
- Students must communicate with the instructor if class is to be missed PRIOR to the start of that days class, and arrangements must be made to make up that time at the convenience of the teacher. If a student misses three times without being excused that may result in an incomplete. Students with an incomplete must repeat that portion of the course, at their own expense.
- Use of safety equipment is not
negotiable. Hazardous/flammable materials must be handled IAW school and product safety instructions.
- All specimens must be legally taken and
properly tagged IAW Federal & local laws.
- Failure to follow the school's code of conduct may result in possible termination for misconduct without refund. Students who are terminated may only be reinstated if the school administration desires to do so.
- All policies are available in writing upon request.
We understand that life events occur
without notification. If a conflict arises, please communicate to us as
soon as possible your intent. Instead of cancelling a class we encourage
you to consider rescheduling.We require a two week written notification of
cancellation.If a class is cancelled by the school prior to the
start, enrolled students will receive a full refund.The school is not responsible for
any loss the student incurs due to the cancellation of the class.The school is NOT required to refund any tuition once
75% of the class is completed.Money will be
refunded to the person or agency from which it came as required by law.
- Veterans receiving government funding will be handled
IAW Federal Title 38 guidelines.To any student who is the military, national guard or reserve forces of the United States, and who is ordered to national guard duty or federal active duty: If a student must withdraw from the enrolled course, the school will make arrangements to refund any tuition and mandatory fees., if the student can possibly make arrangements to return and complete the enrolled course, then the student and school agree that they would give credit towards the completion of that course, the tuition and mandatory fees would remain intact.
- If the student then cannot return to complete the enrolled course then the school would refund the tuition and mandatory fees.
- The school keeps and stores the students academic records in a password protected external hard drive kept off campus for a period of three years from the students graduation.